This is the perfect alternative to oatmeal when you’re trying to reduce grains.
This porridge is gluten free, dairy free, grain-free, and refined sugar free.
It is a quick, easy and filling breakfast to keep your child’s tummy full.
- ¼ cup chopped mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts etc.)
- 1/4 cup dried coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp linseed meal (flaxseed meal)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond, coconut etc.)
- Dash of honey/maple syrup/rice malt syrup to sweeten
To serve, top with:
- Nut butter
Mix all ingredients into a bowl except the milk. Heat the milk until hot and then pour into the bowl and mix everything until it thickens. OR you could pour the milk on cold and leave the porridge in the fridge overnight to set for a quick breakfast.
Add toppings as desired and enjoy. Makes 2 servings.