Lisa Moane is trained in SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) Feeding Therapy. This is a world-renowned, evidence-based approach to feeding, developed by Dr Kaye Toomey in USA
The approach helps fussy eaters and children with feeding problems to develop the skills they need to enjoy a balanced, healthy diet and a positive attitude towards food. It looks at increasing a child’s comfort level by interacting with food in a playful, non-stressful way. Beginning with tolerating the food in the room, moving on to touching, kissing, and eventually tasting and eating foods. It is a multi-disciplinary approach which assesses the ‘whole child’- to pinpoint the reason’s why a child is having difficulty with the skill of eating.
SOS Feeding Therapy Service may be appropriate for your child if they present with:
- Limited variety of foods in diet
- Refusal of entire food groups
- Poor weight gain/ underweight
- Transitioning from tube-feeding to oral-feeding
- Mealtimes that are distressing for the family
Lisa has completed additional SOS workshops on the following topics:
- Feeding the 6-16 month old child
- Feeding the child on the Autism Spectrum
- Food Scientist Model: SOS approach to feeding for the school age child
Lisa combines an SOS approach to feeding with nutritional and biomedical factors to design a plan highly individualised to your child’s needs. To book a 20 minute consultation to see if this approach is suitable for your child, click here.