1 cup buckwheat flour ( I buy whole buckwheat and use high speed blender to make into flour)
1 tablespoon rapadura sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 1/4 cups natural yoghurt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ghee for frying
- Mix all the dry ingredients together (the buckwheat flour, rapadura sugar, baking powder, baking soda, celtic sea salt)
- Add in the wet ingredients (yoghurt, egg, vanilla extra). Mix well, the batter should be quite smooth.
- Use a heavy based pan ( I use cast iron), and melt the ghee on a medium heat.
- Add a quarter of a cup of batter for a pancake. You should be able to get 3-4 in the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes, then carefully turn over, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the cooked pancakes from the pan.
- Continue the process until all the batter is used up. You should get about 10 pancakes.
- Serve with berries or banana, and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup