This is a thermomix recipe!!
I use silicon cup cake trays to make these, as it makes it easy to pop them out. This recipe will make 12 buns.
A lot of grain free recipes use almond flour, but due to allergies in the family, I can’t use nuts. That means these are suitable for a lunch box treat. If you wish to ice them to make the cross on top, melt some dark chocolate and drizzle on top.
60g psyllium husks
80g coconut flour
25g chia seeds
25g sunflower seeds
30g rapadura sugar
2 heaped tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground clovers
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp coconut oil
100g dried dates
- Put all the dry ingredients (seeds, psyllium, coconut flour, sugar, baking powder, spices, salt) in the thermomix bowl and mix for 15 seconds on speed 7
- Add the wet ingredients (vanilla, eggs, coconut oil, water), mix for 15 seconds speed 7.
- Add the dried fruit, and mix by hand using a big spoon.
- Use the knead function, for 2 minutes.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cup cake moulds. Leave for 30 minutes
- Turn on the oven at 200C
- When oven is at 200C, bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave in moulds for about 10 minutes, then place buns on wire rack to cool
Enjoy warm with butter!