This is a delicious, mildly sweet soup to enjoy this winter. Enjoy as a weekend lunch, or as part of a main meal.
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
1 teaspoon turmeric
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup dried red lentils
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup coconut cream
- Fry the onion with the olive oil, then add the garlic.
- Add the spices to the pan, and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Pour the chicken stock and lentils into the slow cooker.
- Add the onion, garlic and spices to the slow cooker.
- Add the carrots, celery and sweet potato to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Use a stick blender to process the soup until smooth