1 L filtered water
1-3 tbsp celtic sea salt
1.4kg organic carrots, cut into sticks
- Dissolve salt in hot water and allow to cool
- Place the carrot sticks in the jar and pour the liquid over the carrots, leaving 2-5cm headspace. You might need to weigh down the carrots to keep them submerged.
- Cover the jar with a tight lid.
- Culture at room temperature until desired flavour and texture are achieved (5-10 days). Burp daily to release excess pressure.
- Once the carrots are fermented, put a tight lid on the jar and move to fridge. The flavour will continue to develop as the carrots age.