Once you start eating a substantial healthy breakfast, you will be amazed how it sets you up for the day. You will not need think about food until lunchtime. It’s not about will-power, it’s about nourishing your body with real food. You aren’t weak because you can’t resist the muffin at 9.30am. It’s your body, on a blood sugar roller coaster, crying out for nourishment. Of course it’s looking in the all the wrong places. Give it what it needs first thing in the morning, and you won’t have to battle cravings all day.
This is one of my super easy recipes which can fit in with people who don’t have much time for cooking, but still want tasty food.
- 1 pork shoulder
- 1 kg sweet potatoes
- 4 onions, peeled and quartered
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 4 apples, cored and quartered
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 avocado
- Just before you start your bedtime wind down routine, head into the kitchen for 10 minutes. Rub the pork with the smoked paprika, celtic sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place in slow cooker.
- Wash and trim the sweet potatoes and add to the slow cooker.
- Peel the garlic cloves and place in slow cooker, along with the apples.
- Put on the lid and leave overnight.
- In the morning, prepare the kale. Wash, trim and cut into smaller pieces. Pour on some olive oil and lemon juice and spend a few minutes massaging the kale. Yes, I said massage the kale. It makes all the difference. Saute in a hot wok or pan.
- Serve the pulled pork with some sweet potato, kale and half an avocado.